Ronn Torossian, 5WPR CEO: 5 Tips On Positive Thinking & Public Relations
While positive thinking is immediately associated with self-help, its also something that can help with all aspects of marketing and public relations.
The legendary Sir. David Ogilvy used to walk into his start-up agency every single morning and ask “Did Coca-Cola call yet?”. Until they eventually did – and while not everyone can be a legend, positive thinking does help.
· Use the power of imagination: Imagining can be the first achievement to get you where you want to go. Whether you can visualize success, a feature story or that corner office, make it happen, don’t watch it happen.
· Act as if you already possess what you want. As it has been said, dress for where you want to be. A simple tip: Pretend you are there and you’ll find yourself happier, and more fulfilled with what you are currently doing.
· Communicate positively. Passion and communications matter.
· What you give out is what comes back. Pay it forward and try your hardest.
· Communicate. Yes, it’s a funny tip to offer communicators and public relations practitioners but it’s easily forgotten. Pitching the media? Connect over the phone.! When we express ourselves verbally (and positively) we attract better results.
Look forward to hearing from you via twitter @rtorossian5wpr on your tips for success.
Ronn Torossian is CEO of 5WPR, a top 25 US Public Relations agency. Named to the “40 Under 40” by PR Week & Advertising Age, Ronn Torossian was a semi-finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
About the Author: Ronn Torossian is the CEO of NY based 5W Public Relations, 1 of the 25 largest PR Agencies in the US. He is a member of Young Presidents Organization (YPO), a Jewish philanthropist and active in a number of worldwide Jewish organizations. More about Ronn Follow Ronn on: Facebook Google Plus Amazon RonnTorossian.com