5WPR: Insightful Public Relations Agency Study on Travel PR
A new fascinating survey by a leading global PR Agency (Text 100) had some fascinating findings. The study reveals that consumers increasingly rely on social media – which isn’t a surprise to anyone living in the year 2012.
There were many interesting findings in the survey – which airlines, travel agencies and anyone in the travel business should review. 4600 people were surveyed by Redshift Research in 13 different countries in late 2012 for the survey.
- 87% of Travelers Under the Age of 34 are inspired by Facebook for travel choices (Twitter and Pinterest are also used albeit for “less” inspiration)
- 68 percent use mobile to stay in touch while on vacation – more than taking photos (43 percent)
- 88 percent of travelers surveyed travel with Wi-Fi/3G friendly phones
- While many consumers already share content during the experience stage (52 percent post photos and videos during their travels, while 25 percent write reviews), a significant 49 percent of respondents said they would involve themselves more on social media if they had access to free Wi-Fi.
- 37 percent of respondents are concerned with what travel blogger reviews say when they are planning travel (yes blogs matter)
- 63% of survey respondents consider recommendations from friends & family as the leading manner in which their travel can be inspired
“Digital and traditional marketing matter for all forms of travel – and marketers in the travel industry should be very aware of that,” said Ronn Torossian, CEO of 5WPR. “Today’s consumer is more savvy than ever before – yet word of mouth will never go away as a key marketing area. Interesting read.”
To download a copy of the study please click here.
About the Author: Ronn Torossian is the CEO of NY based 5W Public Relations, 1 of the 25 largest PR Agencies in the US. He is a member of Young Presidents Organization (YPO), a Jewish philanthropist and active in a number of worldwide Jewish organizations. More about Ronn